Ms. Veena Jayakrishnan
- Designation : Asst. Prof.
- Email Id :email@example.com
- Phone No :9745365116
- Specialization : Geotechnical Engineering
AREA OF INTEREST:
- 1. GROUND IMPROVEMENT TECHNIQUES
2. SOIL DYNAMICS
3. CONSTRUCTION VIBRATIONS AND IT’S MITIGATION
- 1. PhD –Research Scholar – CUSAT (2017 admission)
2. M.Tech –CUSAT (2013-15)
3. B.Tech –SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (2008-12)
Awards & Achievements:
- 1. Life Member of Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS)
2. 2nd Rank in Mtech.
3. Qualified GATE Exam 2013.
- 1. Effect of leachate on geotechnical properties of soil- Btech project
2. “Wave propagation characteristics of soil: a laboratory study”– Mtech project
3. Research area – Ground motion analysis and Ground improvement.
Projects guided by me:
4.Influence of oil contamination on geotechnical properties of soil and it’s stabilization
5. Effect of fly ash and bagasse ash on laterite soil.
6. Effect of NPK fertilizers on engineering properties of agricultural soil.
7. Effect of flysh ash and lime on rice husk ash stabilized black cotton soil.
PUBLICATION IN CONFERENCE:
- 1. Presented a paper Entitled as “Effect of Leachate on Geotechnical Properties of Soil” in ‘National Conference on Innovations in Civil Engineering (NCICE 2012) at SSET
- 1. Attended 6th International Geotechnical Symposium on Disaster Mitigation in Special Geoenvironmental Conditions.
2. Participated in National workshop on “Modern Techniques in Geotechnical and Construction Engineering.
3. Participated in 2nd International Conference on Innovations in Civil Engineering (ICICE 2014)
4. Attended seminar on “Application of Membrane Technology for the treatment of water and Waste Water.
5. Attended technical seminar and Industrial visit organized by RMC (Ready Mix Concrete) plant India Private Limited, Eloor, Ernakulum.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Worked as Associate Programme Officer (APO) of NSS unit of MBITS.
2. Faculty in charge of the newsletter committee from Civil Engineering department.
3. Faculty in charge of the Geotechnical Engineering lab.
4. Staff advisor of S7 CIVIL B (2015-19) batch.