We are providing a platform of opportunity to showcase the hidden talents and technical awareness of polytechnic students.
|Last date of online abstract submission||20th Dec 2017|
|Acceptance of abstract||23rd Dec 2017|
|Confirmation of participation||30th Dec 2017|
|Event Date||11th Jan 2017|
1. A team should consist of two students.
2. Only two team per school is allowed.
3. The decision of the quiz-master will be final and will not be subjected to any change.
4. The participants should not be allowed to use mobile or other electronic gadgets during the event.
5. Topics covers Science, Current affairs, Sports, Arts and History.
6. The questions shall be in the form of multiple choice, True / False statement and Specific-answer question type.
Event Theme: “Innovations in Science &Technology”
(Energy, Environment, Information Technology, Electronics, Agriculture, Health)
• Correlation to event theme.
• Relevance of the model with current social scenario.
• Perfection of the model.
• Creativity, presentation ,technical skill and innovation.
Event Theme: “Science & Technology“
• Correlation to theme.
• Relevance with the current social scenario.
• The theme of the content.
• Creativity, presentation and technical skill.
• Any number of team can participate from each school.
• A poster can be designed digitally or can be manually drawn on an A3 sized chart paper.
• For digital posters, a poster of A3 size and 842 pixels x 1191 pixels (screen resolution) should be sent to email@example.com on or before December 20th 2017. • For digital posters, a poster ofA3 resolution should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Dec 20th 2017.
• For manually drawn poster, a clear photograph (min: 1 mb size) of the poster should be send to email@example.com on or before Dec 20th 2017.
• Name of contestant and school must be clearly mentioned on the bottom of the poster.
• Intimation regarding selection will be published in the website.
• Selected contestants have to bring an A3 size printout (Print resolution for digital designs ) /A3 size poster (Manual Drawing) at the time of competition.
• A 5 minutes time will be given to the participant to express their creativity.
• "Ideathon" is a group event. Interested participants are requested to form a team of 3-5 members from the same institution with a maximum of only 2 groups from that institution.
• The participating groups will be given a series of 3 problem statements related to science, technology and general affairs on or before Dec 20th.
• The participating groups have to demonstrate the idea live and afresh at the venue during the competition.
• Each team will be allotted a time of at most 30 minutes for completing a particular solution in the series.
• Judging criteria will be based on completion, presentation, and feasibility of the solution.
• Each team has to bring the materials required for their solution.
• Usefulness of final product.
• Utilization of waste materials.
• Only two team entries are allowed from each school.
• A team shall consist of two persons.
• Waste material could be anything like tetra packs, bottles, newspapers, wooden piece, brick, scrap, metal and plastic wastes , concrete waste, old utensils, jute material or any second hand items that otherwise would be thrown away . Please note degrading material like food, kitchen waste etc cannot be used.
• Major portion of the final product should be waste material.
• Incomplete models will not be considered for judging.
• It is an individual event and the time is limited to 2 hours.
• Maximum number of participants is limited to 30.
• Participating student have to attend the mandatory lathe training program organized by the MBITS on January 3rd and 4th, 2017, in order to prepare the students for competition.
• Judgment will be based on dimensional accuracy and finish.