3. B.Tech – Civil Engineering, Kerala University, MACE Kothamangalam
Teaching – 33 years
Project Related to Geotechnical Engineering , soil stabilization, solid waste management
PUBLICATION IN JOURNAL:
1. Solly George, Babu T. Jose and Benny Mathews Abraham, (2001), Interaction of Clay Liners with waste having Heavy Metals, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference, Indore.
2. Solly George and Babu T. Jose, (2002), Heavy metal Adsorption by Linear Materials to Impound Industrial Wastes, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering, IIT, Kharagpur.
3. “Babu T. Jose, Solly George and A. Sreedharan, (2002), Suitability of Cochin Marine Clay as a Linear Material, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference, Indore.
4. Solly George, Babu T. Jose and Benny Mathews Abraham, (2003), Selection of a Suitable Linear system for Land Fills, Proceedings of National Symposium on Strategies for Sustainable Planning and Management of Industrial Ecology.
5. Solly George, Babu T. Jose and Benny Mathews Abraham, (2003), Significance of Diffuse Double Layer on Permeability of Clay Linears, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference, Roorkee.
6. Solly George, Shreya Suresh and Vidhya, (2011), Study on Use of Different Waste Materials in Road Construction, National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, Cochin University of Science and Technology.
7. Able Alias, Solly George and P.K. Aravindan, (2011), Study of Seismic effect on structure with Different Types of Foundations, National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi.
8. Mercy Joseph Powath, Solly George and Jessy Paul, (2013), Study on Use of Plastic Waste in Road Construction, International Journal of Engineering research and Development, Vol. 2(3).
9. Solly George, Mercy Joseph Powath and Able Alias, (2013), Seismic Effect Study of Structures n Different Soils, International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, Vol. 6(4), pp(87-92).
10.Solly et.al, (2014), Effect of Aggregates on Pervious Concrete Shoulders, Transactions on Engineering and Sciences, Vol. 2(2), pp (1-7).
11. Solly et.al.,(2014) Study and Design of Reinforced Soil Wall Using Terramesh Systems and Gabions, Transactions on Engineering and Sciences, Vo.2(4),pp(74-78).
SL. No. PERIOD TOPIC INSTITUTION
1. 03-06-1991 to 17-06-1991 Earth Quake Resistant Design of Life Line Structures, UVCE, Bangalore
2. 19-05-1992 to 31-05-1992 Construction Planning and Management, TKM, Kollam
3. 17-05-1993 to 28-05-1993 Foundations for Coastal Offshore Structures, REC, Calicut
4. 02-05-1995 to 16-05-1995 Advances in Reinforced Cement Composite and Design Technology REC, Calicut
5. 02-06-1997 to 13-06-1997 Advances in Polymer Processing and Product Manufacture CUSAT, Kochi
6. 07-12-1998 to 18-12-1998 Ports and Shipping, IIT, Madras
7. 15-11-1999 to 26-11-1999 Management of Waste Resources TKM, Kollam
8. 03-09-2001 to 07-09-2001 Soil Reinforcement IISc, Bangalore
9. 05-11-2001 to 18-11-2001 Energy Conservation of Built Environment MACE, Kothamanagalam
10. 24-11-2003 to 05-12-2003 Challenges in Geotechnical Engineering and Solutions MACE, Kothamanagalam
11. 21-07-2008 to 05-12-2008 Disaster Management and Earth Quake Resistant Structures NITTTR, Chennai
12. 07-06-2010 to 12-06-2010 Effective Teaching of Structural Analysis MACE, Kothamanagalam
13. 06-03-2014 to 07-03-2014 Technical Reading, Writing and Presentation MACE, Kothamanagalam
14. 13-11-2014 to 14-11-2014 Analytical Investigations Using ANSYS MACE, Kothamanagalam
15. 17-11-2014 to 21-11-2014 Transportation System, Management and Operations MACE, Kothamanagalam
16. 24-11-2014 to 25-11-2014 Special Concrete MACE, Kothamanagalam
17. 17-12-2014 to 18-12-2014 Disaster Mitigation Measures MACE, Kothamanagalam
18. 14-03-2016 to 18-03-2016 Quality Assurance, ISO 9001: 2008 & Basics of NBA Accreditation in Technical Institutions NITTTR, Chandigarh
19. 11-07-2016 to 15-07-2016 Introductory Course on Structural Dynamics and Earth Quake Engineering NITTTR, Kolkotha
1. Participant for the 2018-NBA world summit at New Delhi.
1. Seminar on Cyber Crime
2. Workshop on Disaster Mitigation Measures Sponsored by SDMA and ILDM
3 Workshop on Disaster Management Sponsored by KSCSTE
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 Dean,Planning & Development
2 Co-ordinator for the idea submission in India Innovaion Challenge Design Contest 2019
3. Member, Board of Studies in Engineering (UG), M.G University
4. Resource Person in STTP at College of Engineering, Kidangoor.
5. Examiner for the Ph.D Qualifying Examinations, CUSAT, Cochin
6. Question Paper Setter for Other Universities
7 KTU Expert Team Member for Extension of Approval
8 Chairman KTU, M.Tech Syllabus Revision Committee of Geo-mechanics .